jueves, 26 de febrero de 2009

LasaRose

I am currently in the studio recording new material with my main man, Gorka Lasa. We met playing together in Diego Paqué's group and during band practices and soundchecks we realized we had some great material that when played together, sounded pretty fresh and new. We started to exchange ideas and finally, after about a year, are in the studio tracking this material.

It is an interesting mix of funk, jazz, traditional basque music, rumbas and latin. With his keyboards, my bass and our crazy lyrics we hope that the world will embrace us and hit the dance floor when we come to town!

We are recording three cuts (with the help of a great engineer, Iñaki Marconi) to make a demo and then will continue the process and hopefully release something by this summer. The first song is one written by me called, 'Barcelona'. It is a fun, funky, hip-hop vibration with lyrics about the good and the bad of this wild city.

The second is called 'Afuera'. It talks about the Cuban exile experience and has a great melodic quality that sticks in your head like peanut butter.

The third is a short song called 'Cuerda Rota'. It was originally written by Gorka as an improvisational piece in the event of a broken string at a Diego Paqué concert, but ended up sounding so good, we had to include it in this recording session.

We are working with some incredible musicians who are donating their time: Roger Serrahima (drums), Pol Sabata (percussion), Jose Maria (Junior) Cosialls (elec. guitar) and hopefully we will have time to bring in the strings of Josep Mascaró (violin).

I will be posting the music here and creating a Myspace page ASAP....

6 comentarios:

Julie dijo...

Can't wait to hear it! Could use some fresh fusion jazz, rumba, funk,... here in Missoula! Glad you are working with such great musicians.

Miss you and H!

Abrazos,

Julie

Jefferson Rose dijo...

Thanks Julie! We miss you too! Yes, I am very lucky indeed to be working with such talented people. It ook me awhile to find my niche in BCN, but it is finally coming together. Can't wait for you to hear my song about your town!

Give my love to Travis and
una abraçada per tu.

Jeff

Gavin Wall dijo...

I'm excited I stumbled onto this. I've been listening to those songs you posted for the last few days. Bring on some new ones. It sounds great. This is kind of a strange way to catch up but it gives a great view into your life. Hope all stays well.
Gavin W

Jefferson Rose dijo...

G$,

So great to hear from you! Seeing your name brought back some amazing memeories....Man, where are you living anyway?

Thanks for the feedback. I got some new shit about to come out that I think you will like a lot. My lead singer/MC debut! Along with a bunch of other crazy shit. Send me your email and I'll hit you up.

Take Care,
J

Gavin Wall dijo...

Hey Jeff - Here's my email
wallgavin@gmail.com
Currently living in Berkeley
Dope me an email - Love to hear from you

Gavin Wall dijo...

Drop me an email - oops